Troy Jackson dominates Maine Democratic delegate elections to choose new U.S. Senate nominee
MS NOW’s Ari Melber delivers a special report on accountability for Sen. Susan Collins. (The Beat's YouTube: https://ms.now/ari)
MS NOW: My Source for News, Opinion, and the World.
» Subscribe to MS NOW:
/ @msnow
» Subscribe to MS NOW’s We the People Newsletter for exclusive content from your favorite MS NOW anchors. Sign up now for free at https://ms.now/joinus
MS NOW is the go-to destination for domestic and international breaking news, and best-in-class opinion journalism. For more context and news coverage of the most important stories of our day click here: https://www.ms.now/
#Maine #Senate #SusanCollins
Mainers have spoken: I am incredibly proud to be their choice for Democratic nominee in our U.S. Senate race. Growing up in Allagash, I didn’t think I’d ever be anything other than a fifth-generation logger. And for a long time, that was more than enough. But then I got a political education. Not in some Ivy League university — when I was working in the North Woods, grinding out 80-hour workweeks under the thumb of a billionaire. In those woods I discovered the truth: working class people in this country aren’t struggling to get by because we’re not trying hard enough, or not smart enough, or not anything enough. We’re getting crushed by a rigged system, and we have been for way too long. I got into politics after a greedy landowner tried to screw my fellow loggers and me out of fair wages. I stayed because once I was there, it was clear that nobody in power understood the actual hardships I’d been living my whole life. Working class people deserve to have someone who lives these struggles in rooms where decisions are being made. Since then I’ve fought to lower the cost of prescription drugs, pass universal school meals, expand rural healthcare, protect abortion rights, and deliver tax relief. And we’ve won a lot of those fights. But there’s always been someone with more power stepping in to water down or block our progress, or dictate just how far we could go. That’s what happens when our politicians can be bought by corporations and billionaires. So now it’s time to take this fight to Washington. Susan Collins is the most vulnerable GOP senator — and for good reason. Her voting record is a disaster. Mainers just can’t trust her to look out for our best interests. I’m ready to win this, but I’m gonna need you by my side. Will you chip in any amount today so we can get ready to win big in November and keep this movement going? |
If you’ve saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately: |
Thank you so much. I promise to fight as hard as I can every single day to win this election, and to put power back in the hands of the people. —Troy |
Troy Jackson Democrat for U.S. Senate |
|
|
|
You're getting this email because we need your help to defeat Susan Collins this November. Troy Jackson is a fifth-generation logger, lifelong fighter for workers' rights, and former Maine Senate President. Together, we can unseat Susan Collins once and for all and send a progressive fighter to the U.S. Senate in her place. To support Troy, click here. |
|
|
|
Paid for by Troy Jackson for Maine |
Troy Jackson for Maine P.O. Box 3003 Portland, ME 04104 United States |
|
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment