Find it here! https://bookshop.org/beta-search?keywords=wtf+America&bkshp-astro=t
Tom Friedman recently said “When you send clowns expect a clown show” and what we see here is the abject stupidity of the Trump clown syndicate, when you live in lies that dismiss reality and lack any bit of common sense you behave stupidly and fool no one with an ounce of common sense and appreciation of REALITY. Trump and the Demented Trump Clown Syndicate will continue to race down the cliff without regard for reality.. we must institute a full court press in the courts the media and in the states and go on the offensive! Get ahead of his actions and remember you cant argue rationally with Stupid and idiotic conspiracy reality.
I am a true Jesus follower where I try to help those in need, show love, compassion and mercy and fight to make sure that the true word of God is being spread, not the lies that Christian Nationalists are showing. I pray daily and search my Bible. When I pray I ask God to help us from the evil, the hate, the greed. I know He has a plan. Perhaps it is to see how people react to the evil, the hate and the greed. Perhaps it is to make us stronger as a nation in our compassion and love. I don't know.
All I know is that I will not let Christian Nationalists slander the Word of God. I am an election official and I know Brian Tyler Cohen was debating how election officials will respond to Mullin's lies. I will be one of those that will fight for the truth. This country and the people are worth fighting for.
More soldiers have died now than in President Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan but does anyone in media mention that? No. Fox News harped for weeks about the “equipment that Biden left behind” and never once mentioned that it was old stuff none of the people there even knew how to use. Now this bozo and his pretty boy Hegseth are depleting everything we have. Hegseth is worried about testosterone levels, Trump is golfing, and the Eyeliner Elegy is spending 3 hours on Joe Rogan. He never should have ripped up that deal but since he did, he should have sent real diplomats to negotiate instead of sending Larry, Moe and Curly.
Thanks, Ben for spreading the news and showing us what we're facing. We all know what it is, and it is very well-described by the comments I read in this space. It was clear that we had to change direction as nations before Trump first ran for president ten years ago. Trump makes it clear that it is more urgent than ever. But what does the future state look like? I am a Baby Boomer, and I believe the generations can unite behind a new common goal. The generations share commitments to work, responsibility, family, and fairness, while Boomers bring institutional know‑how and advocacy, Gen X brings pragmatism and risk‑filtering, Millennials prioritize connection, and Gen Z values authenticity and adaptability. I encourage everyone to bring as many people as we can into this network from all of the age groups. We can be a powerful force for much-needed change.
In 1974, six Republican Senators went to the White House to inform President Nixon that they did not have the votes to stop an impeachment. Where are the six or one or 10 Republican Senators who today will carry that message? Can't be found? Then EVERY Republican up for election this November should be defeated or receive so many votes against them that America's message is clear. The question in this election is not complex. Trump's behavior for another two and a half years challenges the rest of us with the simple question of whether democracy itself can remain intact.
And yet, Nixon wasn't taken to court. He never spent a day in jail for what he'd done. When there are no consequences to harmful and illegal behaviors - it encourages more of that harmful and illegal behaviors. smdh
But Trump was golfing yesterday and today he gets to award the FIFA World Cup trophy 🏆 🙄 isn't he doing a great job for the country???!!! (This is Sarcasm in case you're dum)😅
I believe he's doing exactly what Project 2025 and Putin want him to do. MAGAS don't want our democratic republic anymore. They want dictator felon to cure their hurts, and make those bad democrats pay. I've even had magas tell me that they aren't worried about their Social Security and Medicare because they are loyal to the felon. They believe only democrats will lose their SS and healthcare. And they love that. :(
I know people who had their Medicaid and SNAP taken from them this year. They used to be Trump fans, not so much now.....they said he's an asshole. He's losing his support slowly but surely.
Living and traveling in Europe, Americans were greeting with OPEN ARMS!
Not so with the 3 MAD KINGS destroying the GLOBE!
The ORANGE TURD has united GLOBAL LEADERS to the GLOBAL threat he poses, united and informed voters about the STUPIDITY, INCOMPETENCE and ECONOMIC DESTRUCTION of these PROJECT 2025 BOOBS who would destroy DEMOCRACY!
Your grandchildren won't live long enough to pay the DEFICIT these MAGA MIDGETS have created by giving TAX BREAKS to the WEALTHY and PROFITBLE CORPERATIONS.
TODD BLANCHE will be DISBARRED, along with others.
Does anyone realize that even if JD Vance was to put the 25th amendment in to play President Trump wouldn't leave! He would basically say nope not leaving and no one can enforce his leaving the Whitehouse! President Trump plan is to die while in the Whitehouse and to basically destroy our own country while doing so.
It's what he was hired to do, wasn't it? Destroy our institutions and our democratic republic? He just needed another term to do it. And behold he took the presidency once again. And then, again, he also needed more of Putin's orders.
Good morning. And thank you and your brothers for keeping us informed of what’s really going on. Pre-ordered your book. Cannot wait to read it. We are living in the twilight zone I just can’t wait to wake up and it’s over.
As much as I don't like saying it, the USA aggression Will Continue until your homeland, aka the USA on the North American Continent, is struck.
These 'far away wars' only get covered when there is USA and/or "ally" strikes in far off lands.
And here's the really sick/sad part. American's take a perverse 'delight' in seeing other nations' citizens suffer.
You really are a bunch of sick f**ks.
We're Not Impressed!
Not all of us feel this way. Check the electoral maps. Plenty of states voted for Kamala Harris. trump won by less than a bit over 1%. Trump won the national popular vote with a plurality of 49.8%; Harris received 48.3%. he didn't even win the majority but a plurality.
Our method of electing a president is the most f***ed up method in any democracy. The electoral college grants power to small population states because each state gets two senators no matter their population size and the house of representatives size has been frozen since 1929 even though our population has almost tripled since that time. The antiquated and undemocratic electoral college and the Reapportionment Act legislation from 1929-ish need to be eliminated. One is somewhat easy but the electoral college will be a battle since it would require an amendment to the Constitution to overturn it. Wish us good luck with that feat.
My assumption is then USA citizens see how your "Leader" has undermined your nation's standing in the world. Knowing that, you will take the action(s) required to make the changes needed. The ball is squarely in your court.
I want to thank you sincerely for what you do. Over the past year or so I have cancelled virtually all legacy media subscriptions. I can barely stand to open my News app on my phone. I used to have CBS news on the in background while I worked in the house and now I can't have it on for five minutes. I used to fret about how we would get news and journalism in this age and your team has truly reinvented the discipline. Newsletters like yours are almost exclusively now how I stay informed. I've pre-ordered your book and I look forward to that as well. Thank you again and stay strong.
Outsider looking in. I don’t see any reason for optimism. You have passed the tipping point and are now hostages of a corrupt system you have spent decades building. Your government is run by enablers. Politicians and your Supreme Court have been bought and paid for and are now delivering. Even if the vast majority of you don’t like what is happening you are powerless to stop it. In your overwhelming horror of socialism/communism/help someone less fortunate than you, you have created a system that is run by big money. Big money only cares about big money and those that have it will stop at nothing to protect it. If ICE agents can kill innocent people with government support you are way past the point where you can expect free and fair elections. Our only hope is that other countries accept what the US has become and move quickly, logically and with cold discipline to protect democracies elsewhere in the world. The ship is going down and you will become political refugees looking for a new country to call home.
Your president speaks for all of you. Each time he opens his mouth he attacks an ally. Casts doubt about your elections. Plays the victim. Portrays the US as being weak, taken advantage of, whiny. The US can’t be trusted and has no moral compass. His ignorance knows no bounds.
The world sees what the US has become. If we want to survive we need to run as fast as we can.
I was upset when I thought other countries were buying into the felon: and praying other countries and their leaders would understand and protect themselves, starting in 2016. I'm so thankful countries understand and have been making new trade partners, new treaties, without the USA being involved: protecting themselves and their freedoms. I'm so very sorry that this regime has harmed not only us, but it's affected the whole world.
I've been screaming since 2015 when he announced his presidency. In the years since I've come to the conclusion that there hasn't been a GOP in quite some time...if they act and vote like maga they are maga, whether they like it or not. (Also, if one is MAGA one cannot be a Christian.) No more excuses.
And, it seems to me, Democratic Party would prefer to work with gopMAGAs than with progressives that are in their own party. That's the biggest disappointment to me about the Democratic Party. And that only progressives mention women's bodily autonomy. I believe that our elected democrats haven't worked very hard for the people since Citizens United. The worst thing they could have done. Elected democrats speak a good game (sometimes), but their actions don't match...they can make little changes, but not the big changes we need like universal health care...That would be too hard and they'd lose so much money. :( BUT, at least the democrats don't verbally and/or physically threaten me; and I don't think they want to hurt or kill anyone.
Unfortunately, I pretty much agree with your assessment. However, I'm one of those boomers that never quit fighting: I started at age 12 much to the disappointment of my parents. I'm proud I helped save the wolves in Yellowstone. I'm proud that I helped stop back alley abortion deaths and maiming, by fighting for the right for women to decide. I'm proud that I was a part of closing the ozone hole. (At that time there was only one.) I'm proud that I helped increase helping services in areas in which I lived. I'm proud that I fought for everyone to have a better life: not just the oligarchy and their serfs. But I'm not proud of my country and haven't been for quite some time. There's a deep sadness now that the anger has worn down. But, I'll not be looking for a new country: I hope I'll have passed of old age.
Don't want to know, but whatever country you are from, there is a great chance that your country's history is full of disgusting behavior, beliefs and wars. So, throw rocks while we try to beat them.
And today he will completely f**k up the World Cup so he can go there, get booed and take a long nap. Iran where are you?
Why doesn't Donald thank Joe Biden for securing the elections before his win in 2024? Also, why don't our Congressmen and women ask the question, "Who won the 2016 election?" Who won the 2024 election?" Then they can ask about the 2020 election and it will be painfully clear that the only real win is when their guy comes out on top.
By the way, we call Mr. Trump, Dumb-old Trump. I think it is slightly more clever than the Dumocrats....and spelled more correctly too! (lol)
Thanks Ben, I'm Canadian but pre-ordered the book as soon as I heard about. Being North of the US we need to know what that lunatic is doing like threatening to put tariffs on the smoke from our wildfires as if we can control the way the wind blows or rake 552 million hectares of the Canadian Boreal Forest. I have been sickened by so many of the nasty comments about us Canadians by mostly Republicans. We used to be friendly neighbors and now, not so much. Canada still loves the sane Americans but others, not so much.
I think that the people in Trump’s orbit are motivated by their own ambitions and only desire to please the audience of one. No looks at the bigger picture or thinks of a different way to do things because they fear to upset Trump. All of the people who knew the right way to do things are gone, either fired or quit. It is up to us to elect people who are able to say “no” and to convince others to stand up and change to status quo. Otherwise, we are doomed to fail.
Geez, if there is anything tRump is good at it is creating problems, he is a pro at that.
Priority Number One is sweeping the midterms! To counteract Trump, and his ghouls & minions, States, starting with their Governors, need action plans for Election Day. Top of list is securing the vote. On Election Night, voting machines should be moved quickly to confidential, secure locations.
Trump has a plan all right, to destroy our country. Everything he touches fails spectacularly. I think with the latest scandal involving him and his family with the Tate brothers, it’s pretty clear his MO is to protect himself first, then his billionaire/pedophile sex trafficking buddies. He will escalate the war in Iran with no regard for loss of life to try to create diversions from all of his criminal activities and those of his alliances. I won’t use the word friend because that would imply he has an emotional attachment to someone other than himself. We’ve all seen what happens to people he calls friend, it’s under the bus they go. Trump is a convicted sex offender, probably a trafficker and has committed more crimes I think than anyone.
Yes, things are bad. And yeah, we have to be informed -- as MTN does so well. But:
The pro-democracy writers and activists I follow tell about the bad but then focus on the good: How we are going to win.
To help shift our intake and output of information from overwhelmingly "what's bad" to "what people have done, are doing, and can do," I made this this "20:80 Guide for Hope and Action":
https://the80-20list-prodemocracyresources.netlify.app/
...which has a mobile-friendly toolkit of actions anyone can take to Get Out The Vote and make November's results TOO BIG TO RIG:
https://tinyurl.com/4e2zsxmj
Everyone can find their niche. No act is too small!
Amazing to me that during his testimony under oath, Blanche stated that he was prohibited from meeting with the Epstein survivors. Senator Booker even called him out on that. Yet as soon as Senator Tillis conditioned his support with a demand that Blanche meet with them, he did so within hours of the hearing. So, did he perjure himself when he said he was prohibited from meeting with them?
Tillis is no friend to the people of North Carolina. I am certain that DJT told him that “one day I will call on you and you will do my bidding!”
I would challenge you on a 4 am coffee but being there and doing that with a small child I get it.
With more loss of life and injured, this has been a difficult and challenging week. The confirmation hearings and the possibility that someone as unethical, unqualified as Blanche to helm our Justice of Department made our plight as Americans even more important to bring back a government by the people and for the people.
Preordered your book and looking for the read this October.
I just thought of something yesterday regarding Howard Lutnik, and did a few searches: In December 2012, Lutnik says he was sailing in the Caribbean with his family and decided to go visit Epstein on his island. He asked for permission to visit the island and went ashore with his wife, children and nannies, by his own report. Lutnik's sons are now 29 and 28 years old. In 2012, they would have been teenagers -- roughly 15 and 16 year's old. So he took his teenaged sons to an island where teenaged girls were being exploited for sex. It's just creepy.
How similar putin's failed war with Ukraine is to magoo's failed war on Iraq. Both promised victory within hours of the "Special Military Operation" beginning, both refused to call it a war. Both have suffered enormous equipment loss, and both are losing. Both have caused trouble within the homeland due to their inept and reckless decisions, and weakened their position on the world stage. Both have been reduced to committing war crimes by attacking civilian targets and killing innocents. Both are narcissists, and friends.
There are not enough words Ben to thank you for all that you, Brett and Jordy do on a daily basis to get the truth and straight facts out on this evil regime. You are appreciated more than you know. THANK YOU!
Every day I wake up, I wish for his voice to go silent. But realistically, everyone needs to see and hear the ever increasing daily insanity and incompetence. Seems the only way to convince America that he’s rotten and so is his family.
I keep thinking of uncomfortable white friends In apartheid South Africa. Some were brave (and anguished) enough to be imprisoned or exiled and still continued to resist in word and deed. There’s always something to do! And your news-catching is so very important! Deepest thanks and admiration!
Now this is a book I might actually buy...
I have "Whose boat is this boat?" This one fits right on the shelf next to it and my copy of the U.S. constitution, declaration of independence and articles of confederation...all I need now are the Articles of Impeachment 3.0 and I've got the set...
Spain to win tomorrow owing to further WH interference with our football.
Thanks guys. Good read. 🤘 😆
Now that the evil T is perpetrating war crimes (btw, who would have predicted that a criminal would do that?), do you think that when he is prosecuted in 2029 for them, that his minions will also get prosecuted? ALA Nurenberg?
Read about the NUREMBERG TRIALS!
These are INTERNATIONAL TRIBUNALS!
WAR CRIMES have no statute of limitations.
The failure to prosecute NIXON has a long history you need to research. UNRELATED.
MARK KELLEY and others FOREWARNED about participating in WAR CRIMES!
Just "FOLLOWING ORDERS" is not an excuse.
WHISKEY PETE and numerous others have violated INTERNATIONAL LAW, BOMBED CIVILIAN BOATS in the Caribbean and PACIFIC, killed survivors.
SCHOOLS were bombed in IRAN. CIVILIAN INFRASTRUCTURE is being bombed.
WE have 3 MAD MEN: tRUMP (who's gonna defend him? Soon to be DISBARRED Todd Blanche who flunked SENATE confirmation?); PUTIN: tRump's owner; NETANYAHU: documented GAZA, WEST BANK, SYRIA, LEBANON GENOCIDE.
Generously funded ANTI-DEMOCRACY AIPAC will not protect ISRAEL from WELL
DOCUMENTED GENOCIDE.
The 13 Nuremberg Trials, 1945-1949
Trial summaries, indictments, persons involved, chronologies of proceedings
https://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/trials
Hmmm....our history would indicate that nothing will happen to the felon. There may be a few of his underlings that have to spend a year or 2 in jail. Past behaviors predict future behaviors, and the U.S. didn't even prosecute Nixon. smdh
The president reminds me of Jabba the Hut, surrounded by obsequious lackeys. Note that Miller is on the trapdoor lever to dump the defenseless into the monster’s lair for entertainment. Blanche is whispering in the ear of the giant slug.
Republican mini slugs are unable to muster the political salt to sprinkle as needed. Daddy might not be pleased.
You are right! Big resemblance between tRump and Jabba the Hut! Only tRump is uglier and more disgusting!
Good morning, Ben and all at Meidas. Thank you for keeping us informed. I have preordered your book. Looking forward to receiving it.
It saddens me how far our country has fallen at the whims of trump, his henchmen and his family. There was a time when I had respect for Israel, back in the late 50s and 60s. That respect has been destroyed. And Blanche well if confirmed our fates are sealed. Our scotus has sold the American people to those whims of dt and his minions.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON.
Todd Blanche belongs in prison. Not holding the top legal office in the country. How absolutely warped is this? And even the Senate Republicans who Trump has shit canned, still can’t find the courage and dignity to overtly oppose him in the lead up to Blanche’s confirmation. Now that he has “met” with the victims of child rape and sexual assault, not even a low bar, but a non-bar, I guess he is good to go. Absolutely disgusting.
Trump and his regime hide this war from America. Meidas Touch reveals the truth which is difficult to determine. I am worried for our service members, civilians, the Iranian people, and life supporting infrastructure. Trump caused this disaster and Congress continues to allow it.
I grew up in an Army household: Mom was an Army nurse, until marriage, Dad retired after 30 years a full bird. I am gobsmacked that I believe the Iranian leader over the felon. I would never never never have thought I'd agree with a cruel religious dictator over our own president. But, here we are. I was really hoping for a few years retirement to enjoy gardening, spending time with friends and family, and maybe traveling to see the country. Who would have thought I'd be mourning all the rights I fought for in my youth, young adulthood and adulthood. All that time spent protesting - when it all was useless. Women and little girls will bear the brunt of this regime, thanks to every person who supported the felon.
Also, I was shocked that the felon decided to go to war with Iran...Did nobody tell the felon this was the country to not screw with? smdh I learned lessons from my father. One of them was to trust that Iran would do what it says, even if it takes decades (kind of like the U.S. assures those that harm us die eventually). I believe Iran's leader, but I think the felon will die of natural causes. Now, about his children? The felon killed the previous ruler and family members. I don't know. In early times kings would kill all the family members of the ruler, so as to not have to worry about the children growing up and coming after them. Is this still a thing in 2026? These days violence seems to take precedent over verbal conflict resolution. :(
Oh i believe he has a plan. A plan to provoke an attack on our soil and suspend the midterms…. I put nothing past this group of criminals
I think he'll put troops in Iran, and suspend the midterms. But, he'll have anyone who speaks out against him arrested/deported/murdered.
Thanks for keeping us informed, Ben. What I want to know, however, is where is Mitch McConnell? We need to find out the truth before August 3rd. We all know these MAGATs lie like they breathe. Lets keep the pressure on Governor Beshear to do the right thing.
I read that carpets were being torn out of McConnell's house. I suspect his wife is having a hospital bedroom installed to make it easier for staff to take care of the man. Most people would be put in a nursing home, but when one has a lot of money, the family hires staff to take care of the patient. Of course, I'm assuming he's had a severe stroke and probably his verbal centers of his brain are mixed up. I assume this because it appeared to me that he has been having a few TIAs the last couple of years; becoming more frequent. And I assume the wife wouldn't be spending the money revamping the house for him if he was brain dead. But, hey, he could just be needing a vacation. :)
I’d like to see a link to Bookshop.org where your book is currently on my wishlist
Independent booksellers would also appreciate this.
Find it here! https://bookshop.org/beta-search?keywords=wtf+America&bkshp-astro=t
Tom Friedman recently said “When you send clowns expect a clown show” and what we see here is the abject stupidity of the Trump clown syndicate, when you live in lies that dismiss reality and lack any bit of common sense you behave stupidly and fool no one with an ounce of common sense and appreciation of REALITY. Trump and the Demented Trump Clown Syndicate will continue to race down the cliff without regard for reality.. we must institute a full court press in the courts the media and in the states and go on the offensive! Get ahead of his actions and remember you cant argue rationally with Stupid and idiotic conspiracy reality.
I am a true Jesus follower where I try to help those in need, show love, compassion and mercy and fight to make sure that the true word of God is being spread, not the lies that Christian Nationalists are showing. I pray daily and search my Bible. When I pray I ask God to help us from the evil, the hate, the greed. I know He has a plan. Perhaps it is to see how people react to the evil, the hate and the greed. Perhaps it is to make us stronger as a nation in our compassion and love. I don't know.
All I know is that I will not let Christian Nationalists slander the Word of God. I am an election official and I know Brian Tyler Cohen was debating how election officials will respond to Mullin's lies. I will be one of those that will fight for the truth. This country and the people are worth fighting for.
More soldiers have died now than in President Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan but does anyone in media mention that? No. Fox News harped for weeks about the “equipment that Biden left behind” and never once mentioned that it was old stuff none of the people there even knew how to use. Now this bozo and his pretty boy Hegseth are depleting everything we have. Hegseth is worried about testosterone levels, Trump is golfing, and the Eyeliner Elegy is spending 3 hours on Joe Rogan. He never should have ripped up that deal but since he did, he should have sent real diplomats to negotiate instead of sending Larry, Moe and Curly.
Thanks, Ben for spreading the news and showing us what we're facing. We all know what it is, and it is very well-described by the comments I read in this space. It was clear that we had to change direction as nations before Trump first ran for president ten years ago. Trump makes it clear that it is more urgent than ever. But what does the future state look like? I am a Baby Boomer, and I believe the generations can unite behind a new common goal. The generations share commitments to work, responsibility, family, and fairness, while Boomers bring institutional know‑how and advocacy, Gen X brings pragmatism and risk‑filtering, Millennials prioritize connection, and Gen Z values authenticity and adaptability. I encourage everyone to bring as many people as we can into this network from all of the age groups. We can be a powerful force for much-needed change.
In 1974, six Republican Senators went to the White House to inform President Nixon that they did not have the votes to stop an impeachment. Where are the six or one or 10 Republican Senators who today will carry that message? Can't be found? Then EVERY Republican up for election this November should be defeated or receive so many votes against them that America's message is clear. The question in this election is not complex. Trump's behavior for another two and a half years challenges the rest of us with the simple question of whether democracy itself can remain intact.
And yet, Nixon wasn't taken to court. He never spent a day in jail for what he'd done. When there are no consequences to harmful and illegal behaviors - it encourages more of that harmful and illegal behaviors. smdh
But Trump was golfing yesterday and today he gets to award the FIFA World Cup trophy 🏆 🙄 isn't he doing a great job for the country???!!! (This is Sarcasm in case you're dum)😅
I believe he's doing exactly what Project 2025 and Putin want him to do. MAGAS don't want our democratic republic anymore. They want dictator felon to cure their hurts, and make those bad democrats pay. I've even had magas tell me that they aren't worried about their Social Security and Medicare because they are loyal to the felon. They believe only democrats will lose their SS and healthcare. And they love that. :(
I know people who had their Medicaid and SNAP taken from them this year. They used to be Trump fans, not so much now.....they said he's an asshole. He's losing his support slowly but surely.
Living and traveling in Europe, Americans were greeting with OPEN ARMS!
Not so with the 3 MAD KINGS destroying the GLOBE!
The ORANGE TURD has united GLOBAL LEADERS to the GLOBAL threat he poses, united and informed voters about the STUPIDITY, INCOMPETENCE and ECONOMIC DESTRUCTION of these PROJECT 2025 BOOBS who would destroy DEMOCRACY!
Your grandchildren won't live long enough to pay the DEFICIT these MAGA MIDGETS have created by giving TAX BREAKS to the WEALTHY and PROFITBLE CORPERATIONS.
TODD BLANCHE will be DISBARRED, along with others.
Does anyone realize that even if JD Vance was to put the 25th amendment in to play President Trump wouldn't leave! He would basically say nope not leaving and no one can enforce his leaving the Whitehouse! President Trump plan is to die while in the Whitehouse and to basically destroy our own country while doing so.
It's what he was hired to do, wasn't it? Destroy our institutions and our democratic republic? He just needed another term to do it. And behold he took the presidency once again. And then, again, he also needed more of Putin's orders.
Good morning. And thank you and your brothers for keeping us informed of what’s really going on. Pre-ordered your book. Cannot wait to read it. We are living in the twilight zone I just can’t wait to wake up and it’s over.
As much as I don't like saying it, the USA aggression Will Continue until your homeland, aka the USA on the North American Continent, is struck.
These 'far away wars' only get covered when there is USA and/or "ally" strikes in far off lands.
And here's the really sick/sad part. American's take a perverse 'delight' in seeing other nations' citizens suffer.
You really are a bunch of sick f**ks.
We're Not Impressed!
Not all of us feel this way. Check the electoral maps. Plenty of states voted for Kamala Harris. trump won by less than a bit over 1%. Trump won the national popular vote with a plurality of 49.8%; Harris received 48.3%. he didn't even win the majority but a plurality.
Our method of electing a president is the most f***ed up method in any democracy. The electoral college grants power to small population states because each state gets two senators no matter their population size and the house of representatives size has been frozen since 1929 even though our population has almost tripled since that time. The antiquated and undemocratic electoral college and the Reapportionment Act legislation from 1929-ish need to be eliminated. One is somewhat easy but the electoral college will be a battle since it would require an amendment to the Constitution to overturn it. Wish us good luck with that feat.
My assumption is then USA citizens see how your "Leader" has undermined your nation's standing in the world. Knowing that, you will take the action(s) required to make the changes needed. The ball is squarely in your court.
I want to thank you sincerely for what you do. Over the past year or so I have cancelled virtually all legacy media subscriptions. I can barely stand to open my News app on my phone. I used to have CBS news on the in background while I worked in the house and now I can't have it on for five minutes. I used to fret about how we would get news and journalism in this age and your team has truly reinvented the discipline. Newsletters like yours are almost exclusively now how I stay informed. I've pre-ordered your book and I look forward to that as well. Thank you again and stay strong.
Outsider looking in. I don’t see any reason for optimism. You have passed the tipping point and are now hostages of a corrupt system you have spent decades building. Your government is run by enablers. Politicians and your Supreme Court have been bought and paid for and are now delivering. Even if the vast majority of you don’t like what is happening you are powerless to stop it. In your overwhelming horror of socialism/communism/help someone less fortunate than you, you have created a system that is run by big money. Big money only cares about big money and those that have it will stop at nothing to protect it. If ICE agents can kill innocent people with government support you are way past the point where you can expect free and fair elections. Our only hope is that other countries accept what the US has become and move quickly, logically and with cold discipline to protect democracies elsewhere in the world. The ship is going down and you will become political refugees looking for a new country to call home.
Your president speaks for all of you. Each time he opens his mouth he attacks an ally. Casts doubt about your elections. Plays the victim. Portrays the US as being weak, taken advantage of, whiny. The US can’t be trusted and has no moral compass. His ignorance knows no bounds.
The world sees what the US has become. If we want to survive we need to run as fast as we can.
I was upset when I thought other countries were buying into the felon: and praying other countries and their leaders would understand and protect themselves, starting in 2016. I'm so thankful countries understand and have been making new trade partners, new treaties, without the USA being involved: protecting themselves and their freedoms. I'm so very sorry that this regime has harmed not only us, but it's affected the whole world.
I've been screaming since 2015 when he announced his presidency. In the years since I've come to the conclusion that there hasn't been a GOP in quite some time...if they act and vote like maga they are maga, whether they like it or not. (Also, if one is MAGA one cannot be a Christian.) No more excuses.
And, it seems to me, Democratic Party would prefer to work with gopMAGAs than with progressives that are in their own party. That's the biggest disappointment to me about the Democratic Party. And that only progressives mention women's bodily autonomy. I believe that our elected democrats haven't worked very hard for the people since Citizens United. The worst thing they could have done. Elected democrats speak a good game (sometimes), but their actions don't match...they can make little changes, but not the big changes we need like universal health care...That would be too hard and they'd lose so much money. :( BUT, at least the democrats don't verbally and/or physically threaten me; and I don't think they want to hurt or kill anyone.
Unfortunately, I pretty much agree with your assessment. However, I'm one of those boomers that never quit fighting: I started at age 12 much to the disappointment of my parents. I'm proud I helped save the wolves in Yellowstone. I'm proud that I helped stop back alley abortion deaths and maiming, by fighting for the right for women to decide. I'm proud that I was a part of closing the ozone hole. (At that time there was only one.) I'm proud that I helped increase helping services in areas in which I lived. I'm proud that I fought for everyone to have a better life: not just the oligarchy and their serfs. But I'm not proud of my country and haven't been for quite some time. There's a deep sadness now that the anger has worn down. But, I'll not be looking for a new country: I hope I'll have passed of old age.
Don't want to know, but whatever country you are from, there is a great chance that your country's history is full of disgusting behavior, beliefs and wars. So, throw rocks while we try to beat them.
And today he will completely f**k up the World Cup so he can go there, get booed and take a long nap. Iran where are you?
Why doesn't Donald thank Joe Biden for securing the elections before his win in 2024? Also, why don't our Congressmen and women ask the question, "Who won the 2016 election?" Who won the 2024 election?" Then they can ask about the 2020 election and it will be painfully clear that the only real win is when their guy comes out on top.
By the way, we call Mr. Trump, Dumb-old Trump. I think it is slightly more clever than the Dumocrats....and spelled more correctly too! (lol)
Thanks Ben, I'm Canadian but pre-ordered the book as soon as I heard about. Being North of the US we need to know what that lunatic is doing like threatening to put tariffs on the smoke from our wildfires as if we can control the way the wind blows or rake 552 million hectares of the Canadian Boreal Forest. I have been sickened by so many of the nasty comments about us Canadians by mostly Republicans. We used to be friendly neighbors and now, not so much. Canada still loves the sane Americans but others, not so much.
I think that the people in Trump’s orbit are motivated by their own ambitions and only desire to please the audience of one. No looks at the bigger picture or thinks of a different way to do things because they fear to upset Trump. All of the people who knew the right way to do things are gone, either fired or quit. It is up to us to elect people who are able to say “no” and to convince others to stand up and change to status quo. Otherwise, we are doomed to fail.
Geez, if there is anything tRump is good at it is creating problems, he is a pro at that.
Priority Number One is sweeping the midterms! To counteract Trump, and his ghouls & minions, States, starting with their Governors, need action plans for Election Day. Top of list is securing the vote. On Election Night, voting machines should be moved quickly to confidential, secure locations.
Trump has a plan all right, to destroy our country. Everything he touches fails spectacularly. I think with the latest scandal involving him and his family with the Tate brothers, it’s pretty clear his MO is to protect himself first, then his billionaire/pedophile sex trafficking buddies. He will escalate the war in Iran with no regard for loss of life to try to create diversions from all of his criminal activities and those of his alliances. I won’t use the word friend because that would imply he has an emotional attachment to someone other than himself. We’ve all seen what happens to people he calls friend, it’s under the bus they go. Trump is a convicted sex offender, probably a trafficker and has committed more crimes I think than anyone.
Yes, things are bad. And yeah, we have to be informed -- as MTN does so well. But:
The pro-democracy writers and activists I follow tell about the bad but then focus on the good: How we are going to win.
To help shift our intake and output of information from overwhelmingly "what's bad" to "what people have done, are doing, and can do," I made this this "20:80 Guide for Hope and Action":
https://the80-20list-prodemocracyresources.netlify.app/
...which has a mobile-friendly toolkit of actions anyone can take to Get Out The Vote and make November's results TOO BIG TO RIG:
https://tinyurl.com/4e2zsxmj
Everyone can find their niche. No act is too small!
Amazing to me that during his testimony under oath, Blanche stated that he was prohibited from meeting with the Epstein survivors. Senator Booker even called him out on that. Yet as soon as Senator Tillis conditioned his support with a demand that Blanche meet with them, he did so within hours of the hearing. So, did he perjure himself when he said he was prohibited from meeting with them?
Tillis is no friend to the people of North Carolina. I am certain that DJT told him that “one day I will call on you and you will do my bidding!”
I would challenge you on a 4 am coffee but being there and doing that with a small child I get it.
With more loss of life and injured, this has been a difficult and challenging week. The confirmation hearings and the possibility that someone as unethical, unqualified as Blanche to helm our Justice of Department made our plight as Americans even more important to bring back a government by the people and for the people.
Preordered your book and looking for the read this October.
I just thought of something yesterday regarding Howard Lutnik, and did a few searches: In December 2012, Lutnik says he was sailing in the Caribbean with his family and decided to go visit Epstein on his island. He asked for permission to visit the island and went ashore with his wife, children and nannies, by his own report. Lutnik's sons are now 29 and 28 years old. In 2012, they would have been teenagers -- roughly 15 and 16 year's old. So he took his teenaged sons to an island where teenaged girls were being exploited for sex. It's just creepy.
How similar putin's failed war with Ukraine is to magoo's failed war on Iraq. Both promised victory within hours of the "Special Military Operation" beginning, both refused to call it a war. Both have suffered enormous equipment loss, and both are losing. Both have caused trouble within the homeland due to their inept and reckless decisions, and weakened their position on the world stage. Both have been reduced to committing war crimes by attacking civilian targets and killing innocents. Both are narcissists, and friends.
There are not enough words Ben to thank you for all that you, Brett and Jordy do on a daily basis to get the truth and straight facts out on this evil regime. You are appreciated more than you know. THANK YOU!
Every day I wake up, I wish for his voice to go silent. But realistically, everyone needs to see and hear the ever increasing daily insanity and incompetence. Seems the only way to convince America that he’s rotten and so is his family.
I keep thinking of uncomfortable white friends In apartheid South Africa. Some were brave (and anguished) enough to be imprisoned or exiled and still continued to resist in word and deed. There’s always something to do! And your news-catching is so very important! Deepest thanks and admiration!